Saturday, December 1, 2012

Comprehension Cards (Freebie!!!)

Another goal I have is to be able to share quality freebies. I have benefited greatly from freebies on Teachers Pay Teachers (I will share my favorites in a post VERY soon) as well as from blogs I found through Pinterest, and I wanted to share the love with you. I have a bunch of things to sell on my TPT store, but part of the whole experience of TPT and blogging is to share (free) ideas with other teachers. Available to you are 20 comprehension cards for reading literature and four blank cards as well as a table for recording student fluency and comprehension. I love using these and store mine in a greeting card box, as I spoke to last post. I print them on card stock and laminate them so they stand up to my most rough and tough students. However, I have seen people glue them to popsicle sticks and keep them in a cup (awesome!)

When I use these with the kids I fan them out and hold them like playing cards so I am the only one that can see them. I ask students to pick one (sometimes more) and everyone works on forming an answer at the same time so they are ready when it is their turn. Sometimes the kids write their answers down or jot down notes so they have it all together when asked to answer orally. 


Available at my TPT store!
Thanks for visiting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment